Saturday, May 19, 2012

28. King City - Lee Goldberg

I did not want to put this down. I love when authors can blend serious situations with humor.  I realized early on that I never should have picked this up during a weeknight. So consider yourself warned, if you're thinking about starting this one, it might be a good idea to start thinking up a good reason to call into work the next day.

Major Crimes Unit detective Tom Wade took down several of his fellow officers for corruption. As a reward he lost everything. Sent to the worst part of King City to "clean up the streets" Tom knows he's in over his head. The last two cops that accidentally drove into King City were gunned down in their vehicle. Now he's fighting for his life and for his beliefs.

I've heard a lot of people say this was like a modern day western. I have to admit I've never watched or read a western so I can't really attest to that. I can attest that I had so much fun with this book. It was very interesting and every step of the way you're wondering what's coming next. I have to admit I wasn't able to predict much, if anything on this one. 

It was a wild and almost stressful ride all the way though. I feel like there may be more to come from Tom Wade. I hope that might be the case. It's excellent as a standalone but I feel like it would work as a series as well. I would definitely read more of Tom.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino