Monday, November 15, 2010

Me & Emma - Elizabeth Flock


Emma and Me by Elizabeth Flock was about two sisters, Emma and Carrie. Age 6 and 8. They've fallen upon some hard times. Their mother seems depressed and at her wits end and their stepfather is an abusive drunk. Very abusive.

I thought this book was going to be one of those books that you finish and you say, WOW. I can't believe that was such a good book. I expected a lot more than what I actually got out of this one. Was it emotional, yes. Was it amazing, no. Once you get to the end you're wondering ok? Now what?

I was really into this book, I thought it was going places, and then it sorted of drifted into watching two little girls go about their daily life. It actually got repetitive and boring after a short time. Not to mention the ending that I really didn't like. Maybe because there seemed to be no growth for the characters. You usually expect to see characters learn and grow but I didn't get that from this one.

For me this was just an alright book
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino