Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Face of Fear - Dean Koontz


The Face of Fear by Dean Koontz was a thrill ride for sure. A clairvoyant, Graham Harris has been living in fear ever since he fell from Mount Everest. It left him limping and emotionally scarred as well as psychic. Although, the clairvoyance only plays a small role in this novel I was sort of hoping for more.

While the host of a talk show is trying to defraud Harris in front of a live audience, he has a vision of the "Butcher" killing his next victim. Now the Butcher has Harris on his radar and wants to teach him a lesson. While working late Harris and his girlfriend are seeming trapped in a very large building while the Butcher stalks them. Not being able to outrun him with his limp leg Graham will have to do the unimaginable or risk losing Connie forever.

I have to admit, less than halfway through I thought I had this all figured out. I knew what was going to happen and I was a little disappointed. Did I turn out wrong or what. This book was really good. It had tons of action. I was so nervous for Graham and Connie that I was all worked up over their choices. It was almost like yelling at a victim as she runs up the stairs. "Don't run up!!!"

This was fast paced and entertaining and kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more. The only thing I have to complain about is that it seemed too short. I've read many Koontz books and most of them are twice as long. Or at least they seem that way to me. I have to say, not my top favorite but really good.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino