Friday, October 1, 2010

The Bleeder and other stories - J.R. Rain


The Bleeder - Leo an unaccomplished artist finds out during an accident that he can bring out his inspiration. All he has to do is bleed. While he's bleeding he paints the best pictures that sell for thousands. One day he see's his masterpiece and he knows he'll never get another chance to paint it.

This story and masterpiece was ominous. Very freaky. I'm not sure how I felt about it. I think scary is the best word to describe it. Mostly, it leaves you thinking which road would you take?

Deal with the Devil - This story was different from what I've ever read. It was basically the first chapter or edition in a comic book. Unfortunately, the comic was never made. However, that wasn't necessary. The imagery in this book made me feel like I could see everything happening as it would in a comic book. Best short story of the lot in my opinion.

It's basically about a private eye who makes a deal with the devil. They'll let his father go free if he finds the one soul that escaped from Hell. I hope that Rain completes this story. I'm itching to read more.

The Back of Beyond - I honestly didn't remember reading this one. I had to go back to recap what happened. Basically, it's about a yuruk who starts a fight in a bar. The owner doesn't want to fight but when the yuruk hits his help he has a no hitting the help policy. This story was just that a story. I had no strong feelings whatsoever.

Vampire Moon - This is a deleted scene from a book that has not been published yet. It's the second book in the Vampire for Hire book. It basically puts Samantha Moon in jail talking to the warden because she appears to have punched through a bulletproof window. Samantha insists that the glass was cracked. The warden of course suspects something else.

I enjoyed the deleted/bonus scene. I can't wait for more. I really enjoy J.R. Rain's stories. They're creative and fun. There are a lot of things going on and some even have lessons to learn. I can't wait to read more.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino