Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blood Born - Linda Howard and Linda Jones

I enjoyed this one. What I'm not excited about is that I have to wait a full year and a few months to read the next book in the series.

Lucas Ambrus is blessed and cursed. People forget who he is the minute they're not looking at him. It's helpful being a vampire, but unless you're the strongest of the strong vampires you won't remember him. It's difficult for him to have any connections with vampires or people.

Chloe Fallon is a conduit. There's a war brewing and her warrior is trying to come through to stop it. As more and more warriors are trying to get through the rebel vampires are taking the conduits out before they can enter this world.

Lucas happens to stumble upon Chloe as one of the rebels is trying to kill her and he saves her. What he doesn't understand is why Chloe is different and can remember him. While Lucas is trying to stop the war he also needs to protect Chloe.

There were a lot of character dynamics in this novel. There were a lot of characters I'd like to learn more about and a few characters that were cut short that I feel like I'll miss. It kept me entertained and wanting to read more and more. I didn't want to put this one down.

I was a bit disappointed at the end as it just sort of ended but I think it was mainly to setup the beginning of book two. Still, I wish it had a little more of a conclusion.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino