Sunday, August 15, 2010

Veil of Night - Linda Howard


I know when I finish a book smiling that it was a good one. I really enjoyed Veil of Night by Linda Howard. It had my smiling and even laughing in a few different spots. It's a great mix of suspense, humor and drama.

Jacklyn an events planner has her plate full this week with six weddings. All are going reasonably well except for Carrie Edwards' wedding. She's a horrible bride and a horrible person. She is vindictive, mean-spirited and downright rude. The day she fires Jacklyn is also the day she ends up dead. Now the police have a long list of suspects and not enough evidence.

From the minute this book started I could almost tell I'd have a hard time putting it down and I wasn't wrong. It was full of likable and not so likable characters and plenty of suspects. It was pretty easy to predict but not full out predictable which was nice. A fun read and difficult to put down.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino