Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dogs and Goddesses by Anne Stuart, Lani Diane Rich, and Jenny Crusie

It took me forever to read this one. Dogs and Goddesses is about 3 women who find out they're descendants from goddesses. The discover this after going to a dog class that they find out is being held by a goddess, Kammani, and they're her servants. Or at least she wants them to be. However, things don't always go your way in the modern day world like they would have back in the days of Mesopotamia.

A lot was going on in this book. Some things that perhaps, didn't even have to be in there. However, for me it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed it. Thinking back to what I've read it turned out alright. It took me a lot longer than it normally does to read through because I just didn't set anytime out for reading.

I enjoyed all the visual explanations about the colors and the goddesses powers. It may have been more exciting had they used more powers but all in all it was still good. There was a lot of on and off again relationships that started to get a bit redundant and annoying but finally at the end when it was over it all worked out.

I don't think this book will get rave reviews, but I'm not disappointed I spent time on it. I'd give it about 3 stars. One for each goddess.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino